Statement of Privacy Principals
At Atlas Wealth Financial, the privacy and protection of personal information is important to us. As a distributor of financial products and services, the collection and use of customers’ personal information is fundamental to our day-to-day business operations. Atlas Wealth Financial is also concerned about the personal information of its employees and representatives.
Therefore, we have established this Statement of Corporate Privacy Principles to govern how we collect, use, retain and disclose personal information. Each employee and representative must abide by our commitment to privacy in the handling of personal information.
In handling customer, representative and employee personal information, we abide by the following principles.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information in compliance with applicable laws and ethical business practices, in order to provide products and services and to conduct business. We limit the information we collect to that which is necessary for, or related to, these purposes.
How We Use Personal Information
- We may use or disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, other purposes you consent to, or as required or permitted by law.
- We will not share your personal information, without your consent, with any organization outside our company for the purpose of that organization marketing its products or services to you.
- We will keep your personal information only as long as needed to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected or as required or permitted by law.
- We aim to keep our records of your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is used.
We will protect personal information with security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, release or use.
Our Privacy Commitment
- We are committed to handling the personal information under our control with care. We have designated individuals who are responsible for monitoring our ongoing compliance with the Privacy Principles.
- We will make information about our privacy policies and practices for managing your personal information available to you.
- Upon your written request, we will provide you with reasonable access to your personal information and a description of its use or disclosure, as required or permitted by law. You may also verify the accuracy and completeness of your information, and request that it be amended, if appropriate.
Raintree Financial Solutions
Investor Privacy Notice
As an organization that collects, uses and discloses personal information, Raintree Financial Solutions is subject to the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Document Act (or by similar laws in the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia and Quebec), effective January 1st, 2004. In complying with these laws, it is important that Raintree Financial Solutions provide you with information so that you may fully understand the purposes for which your personal information is collected.
Over the course of your relationship with Raintree Financial Solutions and your Dealing Representative, personal information will be collected in order to administer your account. This information typically includes your financial information and investment objectives, in addition to your current investments, banking information and your social insurance number. This information allows for but is not limited to the buying and selling of investments on your behalf, in addition to providing you with reporting and the administration of your account in a manner that complies with regulations.
At times, Raintree Financial Services may be required to provide this information to investment manufacturers and trust companies as well as securities and other regulators or law enforcement agencies. These organizations are bound by and must comply with the same federal/provincial privacy act(s) as Raintree Financial Solutions. Raintree Financial Solutions does not disclose your information to any other organization(s) to use for their own purposes and in particular will never sell or trade your personal information.
The purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your personal information is central to our being able to provide you with our services. Should you have objections to the collection and disclosure of your personal information, as listed in the foregoing, Raintree Financial Solutions will no longer be in a position to provide you with these services. Therefore, by maintaining your account with Raintree Financial Solutions, you have impliedly consented to our collecting, using and disclosing your personal information in the limited manner described.
In representing Raintree Financial Solutions in the purchase and sale of investments, your Dealing Representative is acting on behalf of Raintree Financial Solutions. However, your Dealing Representative may also be licensed to sell other products or services, which are not the business of Raintree Financial Solutions. Should they do so, your Dealing Representative will communicate with you directly regarding any additional use or disclosure of your personal information.
If you wish to review or make changes to your personal information you may do so by making a written request to Privacy Officer, Raintree Financial Solutions: Westgate Business Park, 10243 – 178 Street, Edmonton, AB T5S 1M3.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of your personal information we encourage you to speak with your Dealing Representative. Alternatively, you may contact the designated Privacy Officer for Raintree Financial Solutions via fax at 780.443.2656 or via email at admin@raintreeEMD.com.